Traditional Marketing Tactics Evolving With Technology
If your company deals with certain products and services, it is obvious that you need to do extensive marketing to promote and sell those. Different marketing techniques have been applied since time immemorial. Traditionally, marketing techniques include advertising in newspaper, magazines, television, radio, and billboards. However, nowadays, one of the biggest trends in marketing the products and services of a company is to use digital technology. Digital technology mainly revolves round the Internet. This technology has been proved to be one of the most effective forms of promoting products and services and expanding the reach of the company to the maximum number of potential customers. In the digital space, social networks, website banner advertisements, and website promotion are done largely to promote a product or service business. There appears to be some difference and overlap between digital versus traditional marketing tactics.
Differences between digital and traditional marketing
Given below is a list of differences between digital and traditional methods of marketing:
- Communication: In traditional marketing, communication has a one-sided flow. This one directional flow is from the company to the target audience. However, as the users cannot communicate with the company or between themselves, communication is not as effective as in the case of digital marketing technology. With Internet marketing techniques, communication can be multi-dimensional. There are various digital channels through which companies and customers can interact with one another.
- Another major difference between the traditional and the digital communication is that the former is better planned and generally takes longer than the modern techniques. This is because publication through mass media takes longer to execute. In digital marketing, communication is instantaneous and occurs in real time. This means that it is possible to reach a large number of customers at the same time and the potential customers can respond immediately and join in conversations with the company.
- Flexibility: the way advertisement campaigns are planned and scheduled makes traditional and digital marketing different from one another. Traditional marketing takes time to plan. The campaigns are well planned and follows a specific schedule. There is not much scope of changing plans and making changes in the campaign plans in the middle. However, in digital marketing, there is a lot of scope for changing plans and adjustments along the way. These schedules are based on the behavior of the target audience which in turn will depend on the reactions that the target customers are showing towards your newly launched products. In digital marketing, there is a heightened participation of the customers in the launch and promotion of a new product or services.
- Availability and response: In digital marketing, a company is always approachable to the customers through various means. The customers are happy to be able to reach the company 24/7. Whereas, in the case of traditional marketing techniques, response from the company would come either on weekends or during the working hours only. The customers would have to wait for responses from the company.
Advantages of digital marketing strategies
One of the major differences between traditional and Internet marketing is that Internet marketing is fast and more effective. Traditional methods are time-consuming processes and require a substantial amount of time for the results. However, in the case of digital marketing, the result is immediate and you can measure the behavior of your target customers.
2. Cost effectiveness
These days, most of the companies are opting for Internet marketing services to help them promote their products and services.One of the benefits of choosing digital methods for marketing of products and services is that it is cost-effective. Unlike the traditional forms, the Internet is a cost-effective medium for promoting the products and services of a company. The money you spend on marketing produces predictable and effective results!
3. Digital marketing is measurable
You can definitely count the number of people visiting your website and the number of customers you are getting (conversion rate) from Internet marketing. However, this is not possible in the case of traditional form of marketing. It is not possible to calculate the number of people who checked out your banner advertisements or the number of potential customers who have watched your television advertisements.
4. Better brand development
Digital marketing is better for developing a brand. A business that is regularly updated with valuable content on a well designed website can establish a brand and sell the products and services. Creating a website is one of the best brand-building investments that you can make, if you are planning to promote the goods and services of your company. Be sure to contact professional web designers to create a user friendly and responsive website to showcase your company.
Although there are various benefits to digital marketing, it is most effective when used in conjunction with traditional forms of marketing. This is because the audiences for traditional and digital marketing are different and your company may target specific demographics of the population. Maintaining a balance between the two and knowing what to spend on the most cost effective methods is the challenge.