Top secrets to making your video marketing campaign super successful
Video marketing is not a new topic of discussion for marketers and business owners. The trend of running video adverts has gained much traction over the past few years and in addition to a good Web Design, business owners now rely on video marketing to gain them more fame.
It has long been known that people retain more of what they watch than what they read or listen to. So what better way to make people remember a message you give them other than to put it in a catchy video that they can’t peel their eyes off of.
What exactly is a successful video marketing campaign?
Video marketing is exactly what it sounds like; the incorporation of a video message into your marketing campaign to increase brand visibility and popularity. With over 5 billion videos being watched every day on just YouTube, and 80% of people claiming they remember a video advert they’ve watched recently, it makes sense that brands have turned their attention towards videos to get the name of their brand out there.
How to get the utmost out of video marketing?
Video adverts might sound simple enough to make but there’s so much more to it than just putting some cool graphics and music together. Making a successful video requires a lot of thought and planning to ensure that it goes “viral” while not losing track of the message that needed to be conveyed. Here are some ways to get the most out of video marketing:
- Concentrate on value, not revenue: There is an abundance of marketing content on the internet that talks only money and sales, you don’t
want yours adding to that pile. It is therefore crucial that you think and speaks of the story behind your brand and the value you’re delivering to your customers, rather than just about how much revenue you’re making off of them.
- Make it short and relevant: Your video advert long enough to cover everything that you need to say but, at the same time, it needs
to be short enough to not bore your audience. It is assumed that most people will click away from a video within the first 10 seconds. So that first 10 seconds of your video needs to be the most edifying.
- Define a purpose: Video creation is a simple task and it comes so naturally to creators that they often may not even think of why they are creating it or what we intend to do with it. So the first step you need to take is to decide what you would like your video to do for your watchers. A video can have many purposes such as creating awareness, highlighting a unique value proposition, establishing customer loyalty, increasing web traffic, etc. Therefore, it is a good practice to pick your purpose ahead of time. 4. Make your video be easy to find:
The video you post should be in a place where people are most likely to go looking for it. Or somewhere your intended clientele spends a lot of time. For example, it doesn’t make sense to leave a video advert on the “contact” page when it should be on the main page. And if someone is browsing a page for recipes, that is the smartest place to put up an advert for a grocery store so that they can find what they lack while looking for what to cook.
- Include call to action: When your viewers are done watching your video, they should know what to do next. Is there
somewhere they can get more information? If so, where should they click? Telling people what to do and making access easy for them ensures that the attention you have amassed from them isn’t lost as easily. Tell them where to reach you and where to go next.
- Optimize your video for SEO: Tag up your video so that it pops up in search engines more. People seldom go out of their way to find something when another alternative item has already fallen into their laps. So, make sure that the link that falls into their laps is yours. Another massive favor you can do for your video is that you host it on your own domain.
Also, allow embedding so that you can receive maximum inbound marketing links. An extra mile you can
go is to write a description full of relevant keywords so that search spiders find your video most easily.
If done correctly, video marketing can take your business to the top of the chain. It is a method of advertising that has a lot of potentials and since most other brands have already resorted to its use for better brand performance, it doesn’t make sense to stay away from it. So, get into it, and get into it the right way.